Saturday, December 08, 2007

'Tis the season

~Today was the annual holiday extravaganza at church. When I was a kid, this was called a bazaar, and there were lots and lots of things made out of felt. Now it's called a fair, and there is no felt in sight, but the food is about the same. Well, that's not entirely true, because there were never lobster rolls or clam chowder around when I was a kid. That was probably due as much to geography as to time though.

~I didn't have a specific job, so I wandered around taking pictures and helping out as needed. Parishioners (mostly the women) put a huge amount of work into this fair--they've been sewing and knitting and cooking and making wreaths and collecting things for a slient auction for months. Today's fair was a hit, I'd say, based on the amount of traffic in and out, and the paucity of the leftovers. And they made a pot of money, almost all of which will go to outreach.

~I'm predicting that attendance at church will be down tomorrow because a lot of folks will be at home, resting!





3 comments:

jo(e) said...

Our church used to have a bazaar every year when I was a kid, and it was so much fun. They stopped doing it years ago ...

Crimson Rambler said...

we had a kind of bazaar this year on behalf of the "knit wits"...it WAS fun and they made a bucket of $$$

Unknown said...

Oh, the pies!