I went some 400 days without missing a blog post, but I have fallen off the bandwagon the last couple of weeks. In some ways that's really okay. I know that I haven't had much to say, and really, is a boring post better than no post? Eh.
On the other hand, daily blogging had become a discipline, and in some ways, it was good for me to committ to writing something every day, no matter how banal. So I'm rethinking the whole blog thing and how I write. Once upon a time I started a blog using my real name to post sermons and reflections on, but I didn't maintain it very long. And then there was my photo blog on which I faithfully put a daily picture for half of 2008. Sadly, I haven't taken any pix lately, and even more sadly I lost most of what I took last year when my computer crashed (yeah, I'm still trying not to think about that.) Maybe I need to roll that all together again, whether as RDM or as the "real" me. We'll see.
In the mean time, I've been "recovering" from Holy Week and Easter. Work doesn't really take a break (although if I'm ever in charge, I will ban all meetings the week after Easter--really, everyone needs a break), but I've been vegging out evenings, reloading software on the laptop and watching Dancing with the Stars and Grey's Anatomy (even if it is reruns). I have the next week off (yippee!) and the Kid and I are heading out Sunday for a few days in Vermont. I am ready to just relax for a bit.
1 comment:
recovery is a good thing.
Post a Comment