I made a trip to the Apple Store about an hour away today, and they were able to install a new hard drive right away, so I am back on line. They also replaced a piece of the casing that was cracked. Thanks to Apple Care, I could've walked away without spending any money, but given my propensity for crashing hard drives, I decided to upgrade to Leopard so that I could use Time Machine (which will do automatic backups as long as I plug in the external drive which I also bought). Since I had to spend the Christmas money I've been holding onto for something special, I bought myself a bluetooth mouse, too. I am truly a computer addict--it's a good thing I was so busy this weekend, or I would've had worse withdrawal.
I am however, trying not to think about all the data I lost, because it might make me cry. Some things were backed up, but not everything. Most of my job search materials still exist in my gmail sent folder. All my sermons are also on my work computer so I have them. And many pictures were shared around various places so they still exist. But many more were lost. Ack. Maybe I really will learn my lesson this time.
I also got to go to Whole Foods since it is in the same shopping center as the Apple Store. That was a bit of a treat--I had lunch there and then did some grocery shopping. I had the best tofu I've ever eaten--barbequed. I need to learn how to make that.
I'm not nearly as tired as I was, but I wish I had another day off....or a week. I'm actually off next week because that is the Kid's spring break, but I could really enjoy being off this week, too.
2 comments:
great you are back online! boo about lost material...
I hear you about the lost material. Our hard drive on our family desktop died about a week ago, and it has our copy of Quicken and the data files, plus all my files from the Process. I had backed it up, but not for a few weeks (my bad) and we are now reconstructing. Gack.
So the question du jour is this: are Whole Foods and Apple Stores always in close proximity to each other? I know of three within a 100 miles that follow this same configuration that you described...smart marketing, or secret cabal to take over the world and relieve us of all our money? Enquiring minds want to know!
We need to take days off, you and I, don't we?
Post a Comment