Sunday, August 24, 2008

Back in the saddle again

~So I got my sermon done yesterday at the very last possible moment and arrived at church feeling frazzled. But then, when I stood on the step and began the opening acclamation, I was flooded with joy. I am so lucky to be able to do what I do.

~I am grateful for moments of grace like that--they are what carry me through all the aggravations and frustrations that seem to plague me these days. I am again invoking my mantra, "Let it go, let it go, let it go, let it go; whispering words of wisdom--let it go, let it go."

~This afternoon I really needed a clergy nap--I did take one but it was cut short by the concert at church that I had to get up to attend. But why am I so tired when I just got back from vacation?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Doesn't it always feel like a body slam when we come back from vacation? I wonder if it isn't unavoidable.

Caminante said...

I call it the NJ Tpke syndrome -- I'd get onto the NJ Tpke after a week in Vermont and all of a sudden feel exhausted because I was going back to work/school/whatever and all the relaxation I'd gained was short-circuited by the knowledge that what I'd left was still there.

Ruth said...

Yep, I sometimes think vacation MAKES me tired in a wierd way. In my case I think it's resistance to getting "back into it"

Ruth said...

I just tagged you for Presbymeme, over at my blog. I hope you don't mind!