~It was an unusual Sunday from the get-go, starting with me sleeping in. After the Kid worked on some summer homework with a friend, we went for a late brunch at at fantastic place where I had raspberry pancakes--delicious! This place is frequented by many church folks, and I ran into a bunch of them who kindly told me that they missed me this morning.
~This afternoon I went to buy birdseed, and since that takes me to the more touristy part of town the Kid and I hung out a bit; bought some salt water taffy and had an ice cream soda. We made a short sojourn to the main drag and decided it wasn't worth it, not being tourists ourselves.
~Much of yesterday and today has been occupied with sorting through pictures. I've taken lots of pictures of church events and I need to use them for the church directory. But since my hard drive crashed, they are scattered between two external drives. On one I had backed up all my pictures through 2006; they were organized and it was just a matter of picking out the ones I wanted. But the others--oy. They are the ones that were lost and then found and recovered with the fancy software. But when you recover data that way it comes back all jumbled up. I have thousands of pictures just thrown all together--just like that suitcase full of photos lurking in the upstairs closet. It will take m weeks, weeks to go through all of them. I worked a few hours on it this evening and got through about 1200 pictures. Only a few of them the church pix I was looking for...
~Tomorrow I must spend trying to assemble a church directory. I volunteered to help do this months ago--before I knew we'd be short staffed this summer, before I knew I'd have a bunch of extra stuff on my plate, before my hard drive crashed and my pictures got all jumbled up, before I found out that I was the only one who had saved pictures of events. But promise I did, and I can't put it off any longer. The person overseeing the project (well the part where everyone comes and gets their pictures taken by well-known but annoying photographers anyway) has been sending me emails at all hours of the day and night to see if I've done it yet. Here's hoping I can finish it all in one day, because that is all I am willing to give it this week. Not my idea of vacation fun.
1 comment:
Oh, I hate that the project is breaking into your vacation time! That stinks.
Post a Comment