~when I said that there was no way McCain could top what the Democrats did this week. Well, maybe he didn't top it, but he certainly tried his best to steal their thunder when he announced Sarah Palin as his choice for VP today.
~If I thought she was qualified, I think I would say "Good for you, McCain," but this choice (and the timing in announcing it) is so clearly manipulative and intended for political advantage, intended to overshadow the positive energy generated in Denver this week that it just makes me feel sick.
~Does he really think that women will vote for him just because he selected a woman? That he will win over the disgruntled Hillary supporters? She is antithetical to everything Hillary Clinton stands for. Does he really think Gov. Palin is qualified to become president if anything should happen to him? She's only been governor for two years.
~I'll admit that I never heard of Sarah Palin before today. But the more I read about her, the more scary she seems.
7 comments:
I'm reaching the same conclusion.
God help us if McCain becomes president, if this is representative of the decisions he will make.
I can't decide what upsets me more... the way she is using two of her children to make a political statement, the McCain campaign's overt political pandering, the fact that they think I'm stupid enough to equate Palin with HRC, or the timing. I thought McCain was about an aboveboard campaign. I guess not.
(Daily Kos argues that Palin isn't for the women who voted for Hillary, she's for the men...interesting argument, equally creepy).
Eh, I have to say, her record is such that the Democrats will have a field day with it. Once I got over the initial horror that the Republicans would carry the die-hard feminists who were Hillary or bust voters and did some research, there is no way that those folks are actually going to support any of her policies. I actually think it is a much better situation than if Lieberman had been the VP candidate.
i dunno -- a gun-toting creationist whose main political experience was running a town of 9,000 -- is that who we need to be a heartbeat away?
if this was meant to draw in HRC voters, mccain is even more out of touch than i thought.
Ugh, that's what I say. Ugh.
We were vacationing in Alaska in 2006 when she was running in the Republican primary for guvner. It's funny, because at the time we got to hear all of the other repug attack ads about her.
Other than her possible expertise in oil and gas, she brings NOTHING to McCain, and I also agree with kathy a.'s sentiments.
Post a Comment