Friday, October 21, 2005
Why the Name?
I've done most things in my life out of the "normal sequence" (hence the Robert Frost quote in my title). When I began my undergrad studies in earnest, my children were 2 , 5, and 8. When I started grad school four years later, we joked a lot that they would have to call me "Dr. Mom" if/when I ever finished. (They never did, but some of one daughter's high school friends called me "Doc"). Fast forward through my relatively brief academic career. When I started seminary my kids were 27, 24, 21, and 10 (the fourth one was born while I was in grad school). My daughters especially kidded me about what they would call me when I was ordained, and thus "Rev. Dr. Mom" was born. (Other choices tossed around: "Mother Mom" or "Father Mom", but none of my kids is "high church" enough for that!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hurrah! You have a blog!! I'm delighted, and I look forward to reading.
I just found you too! I also look forward to reading what you have to say.
I'm so glad you have a blog now! Come over and visit the RevGalBlogPals; perhaps you would like to join us?
http://revgalblogpals.blogspot.com
Quite a few of us are also Commenting Pixies. :-)
welcome!
i laughed at your name ... mine is Rev. Dr. Grandma!
looking forward to reading you again.
Post a Comment