I spent the whole day today out shopping--I went to a very large mall in one direction because the Apple store is there, and I needed my computer worked on. And when I finished up there (some four hours later!) I went to Whole Foods in the opposite direction. Driving home it hit me--it's December 14, most of my shopping is done, and I don't have the Christmas grumpies yet! How did THAT happen?
Seriously, it's the first time that I can remember that the whole Christmas to-do hasn't depressed me to some extent--whether it was the shopping or work or what. Of course, there are still 11 days to go. And I have tons of work to do--sermons, bulletins, buying and decorating the tree, wrapping the gifts. I could still succumb. But something feels different this year--it feels lighter somehow. And I'm not complaining!
1 comment:
That sounds like good news!
Post a Comment