Friday, February 20, 2009

Friday Five~Taking a break edition

Here as in much of New England, it's February School Break (aka winter break as opposed to spring break which comes in April). I've never taken February break off--when I was teaching the Kid's break never coincided with mine, and now it's just not a good time to be off. But in the spirit of breaks, here's how I would spend:

1. a 15 minute break

~Maybe walk down to the coffee shop and grab a latte, or check FB, or just stretch and relax for a few minutes, depending on what I'd been doing

2. an afternoon off

~Take a nap, read a good book, or go out and take some pictures (an activity I've neglected of late.)

3. an unexpected free day

~More of the above. Or if I were feeling more adventurous, take a drive to one of the many beaches in my area and then take myself out to lunch. Or just curl up all day with a good novel.

4. a week's vacation

~One of my three favorite places--Vermont with family or some time in NYC, or in Maine. Or extravagantly , rent a beach house somewhere and invite all my family and friends.

5. a sabbatical

~Perhaps England and Scotland. Perhaps Iceland. And perhaps (revealing my true geeky self) I'd really enjoy a sabbatical holed up at a seminary somewhere taking a couple of classes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would enjoy a seminary sabbatical, too. A lot.