Thursday, February 05, 2009

25 random things about me...

I must be the last person left to do this (on FB or in the blogosphere), and I've been tagged a couple of times, but anyway...you know the rules already, and if you haven't done it, consider yourself tagged!

1. I've lived in 20 houses in 10 states and 2 countries, and I've never lived anywhere longer than 8 years.

2. I've spent 28 years going to school.

3. I'd go to school more if I could afford it.

4. I'm a vegetarian, but I occasionally cheat to eat bacon.

5. I'm afraid of flying... really, really afraid. I haven't been on a place in about 10 years.

6. Politically, I'm left of liberal. Far left.

7. I have a piece of pencil lead stuck in my arm from the time when my younger brother stabbed me with a pencil when I was in 2nd grade.

8. I was often told I couldn't draw or sing when I was growing up. Now I doodle all the time, but I still can't sing.

9. But I'm thinking about taking voice lessons.

10. I used to play the guitar (badly) and I still have my classical guitar from high school.

11. I love taking pictures, and I indulged myself with a good camera about a year and a half ago.

12. I have the world's cutest granddaughter, but I don't get to see her often enough.

13. I am the black sheep in my family to a certain extent.

14. I love to read.

15. And I love chocolate

16. I've studied Latin, Greek, French and Spanish. I'm not great at any of them, but I like Greek the best.

17. I often stay up too late for no good reason.

18. New York City and Burlington VT are my two favorite cities, and I wish I lived in one of them.

19. I love coffee but I only drink decaf. And I am really glad to finally have a coffee shop where I live.

20. I am addicted to diet lime coke.

21. I like grits and okra and other great southern food.

22. I often confound people when I used "wicked" and "y'all" in the same sentence.

23. I love FB and the internets--they let an introvert like me keep up with lots of friends.

24. I'm thinking about getting a dog. Or a cat. Or both.

25. I once ran 7 1/2 miles...now I don't think I could run 7 1/2 yards. I should work on that.

2 comments:

Yankee, Transferred said...

I have pencil lead in MY arm, too! 7th grade, a classmate. Plus we have the same shower curtain. Separated at birth?

jo(e) said...

Reading and chocolate. Oh, yes. Life would certainly be different without them ....