~I live in a very humid place. I think I've complained here before about my shoes mildewing in the summer. Some of my winter clothes had mildew on them when I took them out. The leather chair in my living room got mildew on it this summer, as did the bookcase in the hall. I thought this was just what you had to put up with here, especially since I don't have air conditioning.
~The woman who cleans my house every other week mentioned once or twice how much mold she sees. I've noticed some a few places, but again thought it was just something you had to put up with here. And it's not like it's awful fuzzy stuff growing everywhere....more like grey or sometimes black spots, and I wasn't sure that it wasn't just spots that had been there forever. But the person who cleans mentioned it to her mother-in-law who just happens to work at the church and who just happened to mention it in the office. Well. I walked in yesterday to hear all sorts of discussion about my house going on.
~In this discussion I find out that, no, my shoes shouldn't mildew. And neither should my furniture. Who knew?
~So the maintenance guy all around handy man from church comes up and looks around. And tomorrow someone is coming to see if I do have a real mold problem. At the very least they will have to work on reducing the moisture in the crawl space and basement. And repaint.
~Tonight I was looking around. And sure enough, there are some grey spots on the ceiling in the living room and in the hall that I had never noticed. Could be mold. Could be something else.
~I won't mind if they repaint--since they promised to do it when I moved in two and a half years ago.
~Stay tuned for further developments.
6 comments:
oy! it sounds like the group at church has ideas, looking at the bright side. and you'll get new paint.
i'm looking for non-mechanical dehumidifiers that we used in japan, in closets. hard to find, but i'll pass along what i discover.
Shiver. Good luck, mold scares me. I don't know why. I hope they can solve the problem.
Ew. Have them take care of that before we get there for Christmas, okay? :) Just kidding, well sort of. I guess I should bring my wedding dress back so it doesn't get moldy too...
Once long ago I had an exudation on my walls that wasn't mold. Leviticus has some specific instructions about hou to deal with a leprosy on your wall. If your problem IS mold, it could explain a lot of the Kid's asthma issues. If not, and the church folks don't solve it, you could always check out Leviticus.
Maybe you should at least get a dehumidifier while they figure out what's going on?
Wow, that doesn't sound good (the mold, not the plans to investigate it).
Post a Comment