Tuesday, July 03, 2007

On the road

~The Kid and I left home yesterday morning and drove to northern VT to visit LD#2 (known to some of you as NSLS) for the Fourth of July holiday. We'll be here until Friday. I love this part of New England. It still feels like home, even though I moved away five years ago to go to seminary.

~It is chilly in New England....61 degrees as I write (about 9 am). It's chilly where I live, too. I forgot to pack my sweater, so if we're going to watch fireworks tonight I may have to go buy a sweatshirt.

~LD brought some old pictures back from my mother's house...some I don't remember ever seeing and some I haven't seen in years. Oh, the memories! I want to scan them, and if I do, I'll post some.

~I have a whole list of places to go....mostly to get things I can't get where I live, and to some of my favorite places I miss. My main stop today will be the bookstore at the Cathedral. I miss having a bookstore with a serious religion section where I live. I order things on line, but I want to browse...

~LD's in-laws are arriving this afternoon. We are going to have a picnic by the lake and watch fireworks tonight. Should be fun. I got some great pictures last year and I hope I'll get some tonight.

~We were chatting last night while LD and Mr. LS prepared dinner, and the conversation turned to blogs...perhaps some of your ears were burning. Really, it's like you're our neighbors or something. Mr. LS and the Kid, who aren't blog readers, just rolled their eyes.

~I really appreciate everyone's kind comments to my post below. It means a great deal to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your ears might have been ringing on Sunday night when an old friend and I were chatting about blogs and spent a bit of time discussing how much we enjoy reading your blog.