Saturday, July 07, 2007

No.Hot.Water

~And apparently no plumber either, since he hasn't returned my call.

~Do you know how much I hate this?

~We discovered the lack of hot water this morning when the Kid went to take a shower before going to work.

~Not only is there no hot water, the water heater is dripping on the basement floor. Can't be a good sign.

~The Kid only has to go wash dishes. I have to preach and preside at a Eucharist. So it will be a cold shower for me.

~Sigh.

8 comments:

Prisca said...

Sounds horrible and very much like a new hot water heater will be in your immediate future. Blech.

Anonymous said...

At least hot water heaters are pretty cheap! As far as appliances go, it could be much worse, though I'm sure that's hard to remember in the midst of a cold shower...

susan said...

That is no fun at all.

Although here, it is so hot, that a cold shower sounds good. But actual cold showers never feel so good as the ones you imagine when overheated. I hope the plumbing bills aren't too bad.

Caminante said...

Sounds very much like a dead hot water heater.

As for the cold shower, welcome to my life in El Salvador (at least I have access to a shower most of the time and in San Salvador the water runs all the time). Even there in the heat and humidity, the cold water makes me take my breath in and amazingly, I feel cold when I get out of it. I was so surprised when I got back home up north last week to have a hot shower. I'd forgotten just how nice it is.

Snickollet said...

Oooh, I really hate cold showers. You have my utter empathy on this one. Even when I lived in the jungle in central Africa I would heat up water for my bucket shower. Ick, cold water.

Hope the situation is resolved soon.

Glad you had fun in VT. I love Vermont, too.

ccw said...

I'm not a fan of cold showers so you have my sympathy.

I hope the problem is fixed soon.

Lauralew said...

Just bought a new water heater due to problem you describe! Not fun at all. Cold showers are yucky.

Once I moved into a new house and had no hot water for 4 days. Finally one of the builders noticed that the water heater was not plugged in.

Wish your fix could be that simple!

Anonymous said...

Oh no! How frustrating! I hope you can get it fixed soon.