~It's been very muggy here. Everything feels clammy. Not too hot, but the humidity makes it feel hot. I only got out our two window fans yesterday, because the temperature has stayed mostly in the 70s or low 80s at the most. Having grown up in the south, that doesn't seem too hot to me. We just had a brief (5 minute) shower. The air felt wonderfully cool for a few minutes; I wonder if it will be the kind of shower that clears the air, or if it will turn out to just make it stickier?
~I'm still debating on the camera, but based on people's comments and some further research, I've narrowed my choices down to the Canon XT or the Nikon D40. ETA I just found an Olympus that looks very attractive --the E500--anyone know it? I really want to buy one, but the Kid pointed out to me yesterday that we probably will need to buy another computer soon. He (mostly) uses our almost 5 year old desktop, and he thinks it is developing some problems. And we really can't share a computer--jeez, how spoiled does that sound?!
~Now it is raining while the sun is shining. My mother used to say something funny whenever that happened, "The devil must be beating his wife behind the door." That makes NO sense and I have no idea where it originated, but it's something she learned growing up.
~Yesterday was the last of my four Sundays as a solo priest while the rector is on vacation. I really did enjoy doing the services on my own, and preaching every week, and things went well. The next three Sundays I will be on vacation. This coming weekend I'm going to Seminary City and the City of Brotherly Love (where Elder Son's engagement party will be--actually that is in NJ, but anyway...) and then after a few days back home we're going to Maine--yay! And when we get back from Maine, the Kid will only have a few days before school starts. Where has the summer gone!?
~Somewhere along the line I dropped my Project 365--well, not intentionally, it just sort of happened. But here is a picture for today:
4 comments:
Beautiful picture! And I too prefer being up early but can rarely get myself out of bed :-).
Nice picture.
I consider 80 to be melting. :0)
nice picture! The Olympus E500 is a pretty good camera. The one nice feature that it has that none of the others do is image stabilization built into the body of the camera. It helps to keep your pictures clear and sharp, even when the light is a little low. I've never personally used one, but a few of our customers have them, and take excellent pictures with it!
I really like the picture! Nice bokeh.
Post a Comment