Friday, July 06, 2007

Back Safe Home Again

~We arrived home from Vermont about 30 minutes ago. It was a longer trip back than there by at least an hour--more traffic, more construction, heavy rain in a couple of spots--but still not a bad trip.

~But I hate it that it always seems depressing to be back here for the first little while. I'll get over it, but after two years here (as of yesterday) I would've thought that this would feel more like home.

~We had a wonderful albeit too brief time in Vermont. Tuesday night we had a picnic by the lake and watched the fireworks. Wednesday Mr. LS, assisted by NSLS, his mom and a host of "grill watchers," cooked an incredible feast. Me, I was out of my element among so many good cooks, so I spent time on the computer downloading and reformatting some of NSLS's wedding pictures. Yesterday we were pretty lazy--did a little shopping and had dinner at our favorite pizza place-which will never be the same, I'm afraid. LD#1 worked at this pizza place through high school and college, and a bit beyond, and we're all attached to it. It will still be there but the owner is moving to Utah in September.

~Today the Kid and I headed home after a stop at our favorite bagel shop to pick up sandwiches for lunch. Both of us have to work this weekend.

~I emptied the ice maker before we left Monday morning, and apparently when I put it back, it didn't slide in all the way, because the freezer door was not quite tightly shut. Argh. Nothing feels really thawed completely, but it definitely wasn't as cold as it should have been and there was a little bit water on the floor. At least there wasn't much in it--frozen dinners mostly.

~Guess I should finish unpacking now, and think about the sermon I need to write.

1 comment:

chichimama said...

Welcome home! And so sorry about the freezer. Gah.