I knew snow was forecast for today, but I didn't take it very seriously because we've had so little snow this winter, and just a bit was forecast. But it was snowing heavily when the Kid had to leave for school, and he's still coughing a lot (his asthma, asymptomatic for 2+ years, seems to have reemerged with this cold) so I drove him to school. Apparently the roads dept. didn't take the forecast very seriously either, because nary a plow or salt truck was in sight. When I got home I got the camera and watched the snow fall...
(If you click on the pic of the sparrow below you can see a single seed in his/her mouth).
42/365

43/365

44/365

45/365

46/365
4 comments:
Sweet pictures, particularly that view of the seed.
OOoooh, so you've learned selective desaturation! Cool.
I was at my sister's this weekend, and she also had a bird feeder and I was so jealous. We saw chickadees and cardinals and bluejays. I wish I'd get something other than pigeons if I put one out!
I love the pics! We are almost out of bird seed, I need to get some more so we don't lose our little flock...
And I so miss New England where the didn't cancel school at the threat of a snow flurry...
Beautiful! I especially love how clear the snowflakes are in each pic.
Ahh, snow.... I do miss it. Although it was 84 and sunny today... wasn't thinking much about snow.
Post a Comment