I have to confess: I am a big Harry Potter fan. I've read all six books more than once. I've been Dumbledore and McGonagle on Halloween. We were at Barnes and Noble at midnight to pick up our books when the last three books came out (and Sk8tr Boy was quoted in the NY Times one of those times about why he was there). And we bought multiple copies so that Sk8tr Boy* and I could both read at once. We own most of the books on CD or tape as well, and we have the first three movies on DVD.
So it is with great anticipation that we await the opening of the next movie (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire) the end of this week. It just so happens that Friday is Sk8tr Boy's 14th birthday, and we are celebrating by going to see Harry Potter. I can't wait.
*Sk8tr Boy announced the other day that since he was never going to be any good at skateboarding that he was going to quit devoting time and money to that and devote it to his guitar instead, so I may have to come up with a new pseudonym for him.
5 comments:
The Princess wants to go straight from school on Friday, and I'm right there with her.
I am so looking forward to this. I hate to go the first day, though--not one for crowds. We have the movies on CD, and I've read all the books. I can't wait until the girls are old enough from me to read them aloud.
i'll probably go with my daughter this weekend. she's 16, and a huge HP fan.
it is so funny, rev. dr. mom, but my son's passions also include music and sk8ting. when he was about 14, he transitioned from wanting to "go pro" with skating to wanting to be a rock star. he's 18 now, still skates for fun, and his email has a sk8ting reference. [our patio is no longer decorated with ramps, though.]
We'll be seeing Harry P on the weekend. I can't wait!! I only wish I had a cool scarf like Songbird's daughter Princess -- now THAT would be awesome!
My 14 yr old son is SO much like yours!! He is leaving behind the high interest in skateboarding and has just traded up to a new bass guitar which he's getting pretty good at! He's the youngest, the only one at home and in his first year of high school - it's so bittersweet for me!
Post a Comment