Monday, April 19, 2010

Random bits of Monday

~For the third weekend in a row, the weekend was jam packed with extra work-related stuff. It's all been good, but exhausting. This weekend was the busiest of all, with consecration of our new bishop, which was awesome, and a reception to meet a visiting bishop from a South American diocese with which we have a mission relationship. 

~I miss having two days a week off. And two days in a row would be even better. But I don't see it happening.

~Although I accept friend requests on FB from parishioners, I think I may have to stop actually looking at their pages. I really don't want to know if they happen to be fans of Glen Beck. Argh.

~I went to Borders this afternoon, and everywhere I turned there were books about "doomsday" in America. Get a grip people. We survived 8 years of GWB. I didn't expect this kind of hysteria now. It's scarry!

~For the first time in about 15 years I live in an area where a significant proportion of the population is more conservative than I--much more conservative in some cases. Didn't expect that in New England. And don't really like it. I mean, I can be friends with people who disagree with me politically, but some of the stuff I hear is over the top.

~I made Ianqui's Balsamic Brussel Sprouts tonight and they were delicious!

~Last week I bought a new scale. And weighed myself for the first time in at least 3 years. On the one hand my weight was only a couple of pounds more than last time I weighed, which I suspected because my clothes still fit, but on the other hand, I weigh the most I ever have. Sigh. I've been trying to eat intentionally and healthily this week, but I need to work harder and try to shed some pounds.

~And that will mean exercise of some sort. Ugh.

~Mama Cardinal is still sitting on her nest.  I can't help but think that it must get boring!

3 comments:

Phantom Scribbler said...

If you read the local newspaper more than once, you will see how your neighbors were primed for conspiracy theories even before the arrival of the Glenn Becks and Rush Limbaughs. It can be an awfully upsetting place to live -- you have my deepest sympathy.

Ianqui said...

Thanks for reminding me about that recipe! I have happen to have some brussel sprouts and a hard cheese, so maybe I'll make it soon!

Mary Beth said...

Ugh. I'm in the middle of THE BIGGEST RED STATE IN THE UNIVERSE and it's a very freaky place to be. I feel for you!