Thursday, October 01, 2009

October

HOLY COW--HOW can it be OCTOBER already? Where has the time gone?

Honestly, the last few months seem like such a blur--packing, the relentless packing, then reversing the process, and all while first saying goodbye and processing everything I'd been through, and then while starting a new job. I don't want to do that again for a long time! I am happy to say that after I stayed up very late night before last hanging pictures, now the "moving in" is just about complete. It looks like I'm here to stay, and it looks like home.

And I'm SO happy to be here. Really. I love my job, and so far I like the area. I have STARBUCKS and a FARMER'S MARKET both less than a mile from my house (and if you've read here for long you will appreciate how very happy that makes me). I can drive 10-20 minutes and get to anything and everything I could possibly want in terms of shopping (Ikea, Target, Whole Foods--well in a couple of months, WF). I can take the train into the city. I live in an awesome house, and I have wonderful people to work with.

I know this honeymoon won't last forever, and that little superstitious part of me is almost afraid to be too happy for fear of what might go wrong, but really, right now life is good!

10 comments:

Lauralew said...

Enjoy the present as the present it is. I smiled reading this post. I'm happy that you are happy.

Mary Beth said...

YAY!!!!!!!!

auto ethnographer said...

Sounds great!

Ianqui said...

I wish blogs had a like button!

susan said...

So good to hear from you--glad you're settling in. Will you be changing the header photo on the blog to match your new scenery?

Rev Dr Mom said...

Susan, I should!

Unknown said...

You're making me happy!!!!

mibi52/ The Rev. Dr. Mary Brennan Thorpe said...

This all sounds so wonderful! I am so happy for you (and if I end up on the other side of the Hudson from you - a possibility - we can both take the train into the city and have a meet up).

Enjoy the peace of feeling finally settled. You deserve it.

jo(e) said...

That all sounds wonderful!

Caminante said...

Enjoy it while it lasts... but honestly, after all the junk you put up with these past three years, I am glad you can spread your wings.

Do you have to do Fresh Start?

As I drove down I-91 to my parents last weekend, I thought of you. There seem to be a bunch of former Vermonters stretched out along the length of that road.