Hard for me to believe, still, but Sunday was my last day at work. It was a fantastic day--with the best going away party ever. I was truly moved by the out pouring of love and good wishes from the congregation. And the presents, and the cards, and the flowers and the food. Totally amazing day that I will never, ever forget. Huge crowd. Lots of tears, too.
So I've spent much of this week packing up my office. It's all done now except for cleaning up my computer--copying all the files I want to keep and then wiping the hard drive. That may have to wait until vacation is over.
And gah--I haven't even BEGUN to pack the house yet. Saturday I'm going north to visit and take care of Baby J since her daycare provider is on vacation. Then we'll be off to Maine for a few days and after that it will be PACK, PACK, PACK. Ugh.
As for the puppy, I still haven't decided. One day I think it's a great idea, and the next I think it's insane. But I must decide soon,
3 comments:
Let me know when you're passing through, okay?
I'm glad you got the sendoff you deserved. As for the packing, wish I could give you all my boxes!
Happy that you got a good party. You deserve it!
Post a Comment