
1) How old were you when you voted for the first time?
It was 1972, and I was 19. IIRC, that was the first presidential election after the voting age was lowered from 21 to 18.
2) What was the contest at the top of the ballot?
President, and I voted for George McGovern. As an aside, Jimmy Carter was the first winning candidate I voted for, and he is still one of my heroes.
3) Can you walk to your polling place?
I could, I guess, if I had time. But it's not really convenient to walk.
4) Have you ever run for public office?
No. But when I was a kid I wanted to be a senator.
5) Have you run for office in a club or school or on a board?
In eighth grade, I ran for secretary of the student government. Of course I didn't win; if I got a dozen votes I was lucky. I was incredibly young and naive even for 8th grade....sigh....this is related to the content of a post that is lingering in my draft folder...
4 comments:
I wouldn't have dared run for student government! You were brave.
So, what's that mystery post?
8th grade is so hard....
A child who wanted to be a senator.
Lets keep up the vote.
I like Jimmy too.
1. 1972-I was 20.
2. Ditto
3. Likewise
4. No
5. Yes, I was the executive director of an adoption support and information organization, and I'm on 2 boards right now.
See you soon!
1. 1993 - I was 18
2. Something state or local
3. Yes, but I don't since I take the kids.
4. No. I'm amazed anyone wants to since their families are so scrutinized.
5. No.
Post a Comment