Friday, February 10, 2006

Can Someone Please Explain....

why, when the thermostat is set at, say, 67 degrees everyday, it feels so much colder inside when it is 25 outside instead of 40? I mean, the inside temperature is going to stay somewhere around 67, right?

Or maybe I'm just wacky.

5 comments:

Ianqui said...

Power of suggestion, hon.

Or maybe your thermostat is just wacky.

Unknown said...

I feel the same way, but I can't explain it either.

Anonymous said...

I have crummy windows so it really does feel colder in my apt. when it's colder outside.

jo(e) said...

The air up near the thermostat is 67, but the air near your feet is colder.

The drafts and cold spots in your house are more dramatically different when it is colder outside.

That's my theory.

(My feet are cold all winter long ....)

Phantom Scribbler said...

I have a kitchen thermometer hanging in a corner of the house far from the thermostat, and from it I have learned that the indoor temperature really does vary depending on how cold it is outside. When the weather is frigid, it sometimes doesn't get above 59 degrees in that corner, even though the thermostat is still at 64 like it always is.