Meant for yesterday, but oh well,
In honor of the first good snow:
1) Snow: love it or hate it?
Love it for the most part. Love to watch it falling--nothing is more peaceful to me. Love to see it piled high and deep with the sun shining on it. Love to see the late afternoon sun reflecting off the mountains, turning the snow lovely shades of pink (a driving home sight where I used to live before seminary).
But I don't like shoveling, or slush, or mud season :(
2) First snow memory
May not be the very first, but it's early. We lived in NC, and it rarely snowed. It didn't take much to get a snow day, but this was a pretty good one. Only one problem....I had these little bumps on my chest, and I knew chicken pox were going around. But I knew if I told, I wouldn't get to play in the snow, and I didn't feel sick....so I didn't tell. My grandmother lived on a hill, and, lacking sleds, she provided cardboard boxes for us to slide in. Such fun. But that night my mother found out about the chicken pox. The snow was gone the next day anyway.
3) Best Snow Day ever (actual or imagined)
Actual--and it was snow days! I was in seventh grade and it snowed and snowed and snowed. In my memory we were out of school more than a week. We sledded every day, and all the neighborhood kids gathered at my house for hot chocolate and hanging out afterwards. We had a fire in the fireplace everyday. And I spent a couple of nights with my best friend. It snowed every day or so to keep things fresh.
We had to make up missed days on Saturdays--but then we only had to go half a day. Not a bad deal.
4) Best use of snow in a movie, song, book or poem
Well, can I go for worst use? Making "Frosty the Snowman" a Christmas song.
5) What you are planning to do today, with or without snow
Friday--staff meeting to plan for Christmas services (on my day off ...)
Saturday--various meetings--all canceled!!
No comments:
Post a Comment