Monday, March 01, 2010

Housecleaning

I'm totally bored with the way my blog looks, hence the new template. I'm not completely happy with this one, but blogger doesn't give you many choices. And I need a new picture in my header; the current one captured perfectly where I used to live, but it doesn't fit where I am now.

The other thing I need to do is edit my blog roll. So many of the bloggers on it aren't writing any more, but I hate to get rid of the links. Silly, but I don't like breaking connections literally or figuratively. But life does go on, and people move on, and that's that.

Meanwhile, the sun is trying to peak out here, and it's windy and cold. Very much like March--and how did it get to be March already?

I am so glad it's not this time last year.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Me, too!

chichimama said...

I like the new look!

I have given up on my blogroll...best of luck to you in updating yours!!!

Lauralew said...

Nice new look!

BTW Taciturn and I are in a furnished rental in Starksboro VT. We meet with a realtor tomorrow to begin the househunting process. We visited Sweet Clover Market in Essex yesterday.

jo(e) said...

I have to tackle my blogroll one of these days too. Eh, too much work ....

Scrivener said...

I've been thinking about dusting my ole blog off & seeing what I can make with it again. Just thinking about the housekeeping to start it up again has kept me frozen so far.

Sr. Heather said...

I recently redecorated my blog, too. :-) It was time for something new, especially when I realized I'd been at this blog for 3 years now.

I know exactly what you mean about breaking those connections. I know I've gone through blogging dry spells of a couple months before, so I tend to keep those links around far longer than perhaps I should. I've seen blogs where the blogroll is sorted by most recent update, and that's pretty cool.

Love and blessings,
da sista

P.S. My captcha for this comment is the word UNILINT. Now I am forced to reflect on unilint vs. multilint, and possibly on lint as an analogy for the Body in the world. Hmm.

DaniGirl said...

Hey old friend, long time? I don't have the heart to trim my blogroll, even though some of them haven't posted new content since 2007 or so. And FWIW, I love that header image -- lovely!