I am incredibly sad and disappointed in the outcome of the Massachusetts senate election. For a blue state (some would claim the bluest state) to elect a Republican to take Ted Kennedy's senate seat is a travesty. I just don't understand how it could happen.
Oh, I know...Coakley didn't campaign well, the independents came out in favor of the Republican ...and so on. But I still don't understand it, on many levels. I don't understand people being against health care reform. I find the quote that I hear so often that it's being "crammed down our throats" ludicrous.
And you can't live where I did in Massachusetts without being infected by the Kennedy mystique--for better or for worse. I may just be an old lefty liberal, but as I've probably said here before, it delighted me to have Ted Kenndy for my senator for the time I lived in MA. I know some people think it's ridiculous to say it was 'his' seat, but still, after all he did for health care reform, for it to turn out this way....well, it's sad and depressing.
1 comment:
Of course, those in MA already have a pretty darned good health care plan, so it feels like they said "We've got ours; the rest of you all can fend for yourselves." Sad.
Post a Comment