We arrived home a couple of hours ago from 10 wonderful days visiting friends in Maine. It was my first trip to Maine, and I fell in love with the place. We went the beach and learned to play golf (well, I sort of learned, but the Kid is really good) and explored the area and just relaxed and had fun. I took lots of pictures, and will post some later.
I returned home with a laptop that has both a battery that won't hold a charge for more than an hour (if that) and a power cord that needs replacing. SIGH. I do have my desktop, so I am not completely without computer, but truly, I love using my laptop, and often the Kid and I want computer access at the same time. So, my dilemma is--when do I stop putting money into a three and a half year old laptop, and just buy a new one? And if I take the plunge, do I switch to Apple? My friends in Maine each have an Apple and they really love them. I priced out the new MacBooks, and while they aren't cheap, they aren't a lot more than a comparably outfitted Dell. Decisions, decisions.
Edited to add: I bought a new power cord for the lappie because the Kid had to use the other computer and I was in withdrawal....but I am definitely saving up for the MacBook.
6 comments:
I don't know anybody who regrets their apple laptop. I mean, they're just so cute---how could you? (Mine will be three in November and would like a pink parosol.)
I am a Mac fan, for sure.
I had a Dell and it was evil. In the PC world I've been much happier with the Vaio. But nothing is as happy as the Mac.
I have the iBook G4. The great thing about a Mac is that it doesn't get viruses.
Maine is really beautiful -- I can't wait to see the photos.
Everyone I know who goes to Maine falls in love with it. I sure did.
I have a Dell Latitude and I have to say it's given me lots of problems, battery and powercord wise but also CD/DVD drive has been replaced, keyboard issues...next time I'm going for the Apple, myself.
Welcome back! I love my Dell, but my first choice would have been the Mac...
So glad you loved Maine. Maine is where I plan to live out my days once M retires...
I love your writing. I wish I lived where I could visit your parish. Heck, I wish I lived where I could attend any Episcopal church.
Post a Comment