~May 1 is the earliest date orioles are expected to be back in this area. But because it's been so cold and rainy I decided not to put the
oriole feeder out -- until this afternoon when the sun finally came out. I went out to the garage and rummaged around to find the feeder, but when I did it looked just awful--the wood has turned all black; I'm not sure if it's mildewed or rotten or what. And it may not matter to the birds, but it looks awful.

~And the squirrels have become quite proficient at scaling the new (since last summer) feeder pole, and the oriole feeder is no way squirrel proof. So it's time to find a new one.

~Meanwhile, I put some orange slices in the suet feeder and hung a jelly cup on the window. I have no idea if the orioles will eat that close to the window or not, but I'll be waiting, camera at the ready if they do!
~view from inside
1 comment:
I would love to feed the birds but I feel as if I would be giving my cats a present.
Post a Comment