Saturday, May 03, 2008

Meme of the mundane

This is an old meme, but I never was a trend setter :)

Favorite laundry detergent
:

~I've been using Seventh Generation for a few years now, and like it as well as any--plus it's eco-friendly.

Favorite item used for an unintended purpose:

~I love this question, but I can't think of a single thing ...

Favorite way to buy music:

~I guess I am out of sync with the rest of the blogosphere...I don't buy much music. Occasionally I will get the impulse to buy a CD, but I guess now that I have an iPod, I should just use iTunes.

How clean is your car?

~Eh, not very clean at all. The inside is worse than the outside--it collects junk no matter how I try not to let it happen.

How clean is your apartment/house/room?

~Really, it's pretty clean. That's because a) I have a cleaning fairygodmother who comes every two weeks (the best present I ever gave myself) and b) in preparation for last night's gathering I stashed what little clutter there was out of site. So it looks really nice....well, I wouldn't go up and look in the Kid's room, but the rest of it does.

How clean is your office?

~Well, it's better than it was a few weeks ago. You can see the top of the desk in spots and the books are all reshelved. But it's not immaculate. And probably never will be.

Favorite weekly free time:

~Mondays. MOST of the time I can avoid any work related activities on Mondays, and it feels like a real day off.

Is there a word, phrase, or gesture that is identifiably yours?

~Wicked, y'all
~A true testament to my southern roots and New England allegiance

Most effective medicine for one (or more) of your ailments:

~I don't take much medicine but this winter I have become a true believer in AirBorne--I don't care what the clinical trials say, this stuff works or else it has a great placebo effect.

A favorite thing you try to sell/push/encourage your friends to try:

~I am reluctant to do this, for a variety of reasons. My mother used to get really pissed at me when I tried to share my enthusiasm about something with her--I have one really bad memory about this. Most of the time I tend to try not to push things.

Favorite new (or new-to-you) thing:

~My newest thing is my 50mm/f1.4 lens and I've been having lots of fun experimenting with it.

Tag! You're it.

2 comments:

Caminante said...

"AirBorne"

I took that just once and haven't since because it made my face flush unbearably and made my heart race -- I really felt as though I had tanked up on antihystamenes.

BrightStar (B*) said...

Very exciting about the new lens!!