Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Random bits of my week so far

~Is this the week for brain tumors or what? I don't mean that to be as flip as it might sound, but I was shocked to hear that Ted Kennedy has a malignant brain tumor. I grew up in the era when the name Kennedy was magic, and I have to admit that voting for Kennedy for my senator last year was a bit of a thrill.

~And I don't know how my sister is doing or what kind of tumor she had. I did talk to my mother who had no more information than I did at the time.

~I'm still processing all the crap that blew up last week, and still feeling a bit tender. Add to that the things that are going on at work, and I've had better weeks. But my new mantra is "Let it go, let it go, let it go" about things I can't control and I'm working on it.

~Note that letting it go is not the same as denial.

~It is raining and cold here AGAIN. Hello, it's the end of May? I am so ready for warm weather.

~The Kid downloaded some music for me to use as ring tones on the crackberry--very cool!

~Lilacs seem to be in bloom all over the place, but that is one thing I don' t have in my yard or in the church garden. I miss them. I had some outside my office when I was teaching and I used to (surreptitiously) pick some for my desk from time to time. I love lilacs.

1 comment:

Prisca said...

Ah, lilacs! I miss them down here in the south. I'd love to smell some right now, too. I'm wishing you a peaceful Weds. and some warmer weather. You've had a lot to go through these past few weeks and you deserve some warm spring sunshine. What did The Kid download? I'd love to know. ;)