Thursday, May 08, 2008

Tomorrow is another day...

~to quote Scarlett O'Hara, and today was a better day, in part at least because I just didn't think or worry about those things that were wearing me down yesterday. And I came home early and read a novel and watched the birds.

~My backyard was just FULL of birds this afternoon--grackles and cardinals and redwing blackbirds and chickadees and goldfinches and woodpeckers and ORIOLES. It didn't take them long to find the oranges and grape jelly.



~The orioles are a little skittish about the window feeder when I am sitting at the table. If I move (like to pick up my camera) they take off. But I'm hoping they will get used to it. And I did manage to get a couple of pictures.




~And I have to say, I think spring is FINALLY here. It's been warmer, things are green, lots of stuff blooming.

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

I'm glad that sleep and birds and sunshine have helped...I'd never seen a picture of an oriole (poor deprived Brit that i am) and now I understand why they are the focus of so much attention. Truly beautiful. Thank you for introducing me...and good wishes for another better day today

kathy a. said...

yay, spring!

Ianqui said...

Hooray for orioles! As you know, I too have an extreme affection for orioles (though I'd be pretty psyched about the woodpeckers too). Keep 'em coming!

Anonymous said...

I love that second photo. We don't see Orioles around here... I forgot how brilliantly orange they are!

glad things are getting a bit better.

Jules said...

Great photos!

Caminante said...

I just can't believe you get orioles. They are amazing birds... but I don't think I have ever seen one in life... meanwhile, I keep looking for the red wing blackbirds. I can hear them but can't see them. I love the flash of red with the tinge of yellow as they fly by.

[word verification: cxzvccx: looks like some scrabble hands I have had, though one can't have two 'x's]