An apropos Friday 5 since my church had its semi-annual rummage sale last weekend...
1) Are you a garage saler?
No, not at all, and I'm not a rummage saler either. I try to avoid the rummage sale, but it's hard when there is STUFF everywhere for a week. Really, there's an amazing amount of STUFF.
1) Are you a garage saler?
No, not at all, and I'm not a rummage saler either. I try to avoid the rummage sale, but it's hard when there is STUFF everywhere for a week. Really, there's an amazing amount of STUFF.
2) If so, are you an immediate buyer or a risk taker who comes back later when prices are lower?
I'm more of a waffler, and generally talk myself out of buying anything...I don't need more STUFF.
I'm more of a waffler, and generally talk myself out of buying anything...I don't need more STUFF.
3) Seriously, if you're not a garage saler, you are probably not going to want to play this one.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking...
That wasn't really #3
Oooooookay then...
3) This is the real #3: What's the best treasure you've found at a yard or garage sale?
Never have found a treasure...maybe that's one reason I don't like garage/rummage/yard sales.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking...
That wasn't really #3
Oooooookay then...
3) This is the real #3: What's the best treasure you've found at a yard or garage sale?
Never have found a treasure...maybe that's one reason I don't like garage/rummage/yard sales.
4) If you've done one yourself, at church or at home, was it worth the effort?
Never had one. When I move and need to get rid of stuff I generally give it to Salvation Army or Goodwill.
But the church ladies make a lot of $$ with the rummage sale which is used for outreach, and they love doing it, so I guess it is worth the effort.
5) Can you bring yourself to haggle?
Not really.
And no, I don't usually do e-bay, either.
Never had one. When I move and need to get rid of stuff I generally give it to Salvation Army or Goodwill.
But the church ladies make a lot of $$ with the rummage sale which is used for outreach, and they love doing it, so I guess it is worth the effort.
5) Can you bring yourself to haggle?
Not really.
And no, I don't usually do e-bay, either.
4 comments:
It's interesting, rummage is defined as including clothes, where yard sales aren't. Or is it the other way around? There was quite the set of opinions at Main Street Church on that, and I never got it straight.
Yeah, I was wondering about the difference myself. I'm with you on the let those who enjoy it do it. Do you think running the church rummage sale is a spiritual gift?
I am so with you on this! Your responses are kinder than mine, but I couldn't stop laughing at myself either, knowing that I miss out on "great finds" because I can't tell if it is....
I never heard that distinction between rummage and yard sales...at least here rummage can mean ANYTHING.
Post a Comment