Tuesday, October 28, 2008

One week to go

~Hard to believe that this time next week it will all be over but the counting. Scary, too, as I sit here listening to the news on NPR and hearing both McCain and Palin ranting about Obama raising taxes and redistributing wealth.

~What will there be to talk about after two whole years of campaigning?

~I'm pretty careful not to talk politics at work. Most people can probably figure out what my political leanings are and who I'm for but I don't purposely engage in political debate.But yesterday I was sitting in my office with my door open while a group of older women were meeting in the next room to knit. A member of the congregation who is a local politician had stopped in to chat with them, and I almost lost it when I heard her repeating blatant lies about Obama--the kind of stuff that gets spread around the internet. Honestly, I knew this woman was a Republican but I never imagined she would fall for such crap. I held my tongue, but it was all I could do not to go out and call her on what she was saying.

~And maybe I should have--at least suggested she go to factchecker.com and check out what she was saying. But I didn't.

~I sure hope that this time next week we are having a big ol' party!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm doing everything I can out here to insure the party happens. We split our electoral votes out here and there is a chance Omaha (Cong. District 2) could give one electoral vote to Obama. I'll keep working on it.

kathy a. said...

the next week cannot go fast enough for me. the junk being said is unbearable.