Friday, October 17, 2008

Friday Five~Coin toss edition

1) When was the last time you flipped a coin or even saw one flipped in person?

Honestly, I can't remember.

2) Do you have any foreign coins in your house? If so, where are they from?

Oooh, let's see--Korea, Canada, England, China...maybe a few others.

3) A penny saved is a penny earned, they say. But let's get serious. Is there a special place in heaven for pennies, or do you think they'll find a special place in, well, the other place?

I keep a big basket full of change on the pantry counter. We use the quarters mostly, but the others, including LOTS of pennies, will get rolled up and turned in one of these days, or put in my United Thank Offering box. They are pretty useless otherwise, I guess, but I wouldn't consign them to "the other place." I remember too well penny candy and trick-or-treating for UNICEF and getting a box full of pennies to think of them negatively.

4) How much did you get from the tooth fairy when you were a child? and if you have children of your own, do they get coins, or paper money? (I hear there may be some inflation.)
Ha! Back in the dark ages I think I got a dime. My kids didn't get much, either--maybe a quarter or fifty cents. Cheap, I know.

5) Did anyone in your household collect the state quarters? And did anyone in your household manage to sustain the interest required to stick with it?

Yes, the Kid and I have been collecting them. We're only missing one from 2006 (Nebraska maybe?) and then Alaska, Hawaii, and Oklahoma from this year.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Apparently we don't go to enough sporting events!

Jules said...

Tossed a penny yesterday, deciding something. Can't remember what. Illinois refuses to let them die. Lincoln and all that.