~It was a long day. Not a bad day, just very long.
~I have this weekend off, which is a very rare occurrence, given that it's not my vacation or anything. I asked for it off for a family thing that ended up not happening. But once I had it off, I decided that I would keep it off, having gone 28 straight days (until last week) without a whole day off.
~Having this weekend off also means that I get out of a task that I really didn't want to do, one that got set up while I was on vacation in August, one that no one consulted with me about even though it was just assumed that I would take care of it. And now I'm not, and I don't feel badly about that AT ALL.
~So Saturday morning the Kid and I are heading north for the weekend. It will be a quick trip, returning on Monday, and I'm hoping that traffic won't be too bad given a holiday weekend and leaf peepers. I just needed to get out of here, so we're going to Vermont to see NSLS and Mr. LS and of course, Baby J. I want to see some fall leaves. Maybe pick some apples. Take some pictures. Relax.
~Tomorrow is my normal day off, and I have errands to do and laundry. I also keep remembering things I needed to do today that didn't get done--phone calls to return, emails to send (both of which need to be taken care of before the weekend) so I guess I'll spend some time at the office, too. But hey, I still have the weekend!
5 comments:
You so deserve this weekend! Have a good visit with your family, and enjoy the change of scenery.
Hugs and kisses to Baby J and her parents! Take some great photos :)
So glad you will get the time off. Relax and enjoy!
Safe travels! (And I hope our paths will cross on this trip.)
hope it is a great trip!
i normally pack in a roller-case for anything from a night to a week. too hard to sort stuff! and tomorrow i'm going off with just a backpack -- well, that plus 2 canvas grocery bags of party stuff, since we are celebrating. the backpack is stuffed to the gills. i'll only be gone a day and a half. pffthhhh.
Post a Comment