Sunday, September 16, 2007

A lovely retreat

We returned home late this afternoon from our parish retreat. Despite many of us getting stuck in awful traffic on Friday and a rainy Saturday morning, the retreat went well, and I think a good time was had by all. I personally came home exhausted, however. Running a retreat is not so relaxing, but I did get some down time Saturday afternoon and evening.

During my free time I played with my camera a bit, and learned two things, first that I need to learn a great deal more, and second, that I need a tripod. Saturday night we had a bonfire by the lake and as we arrived at the fire pit we were greeted by a beautiful crescent moon that was, as it turns out, setting, not rising. I tried very hard to get a decent picture; here are the best ones.






These are in chronological order. When the moon reached just barely tree level it cast the most beautiful reflection on the water, but it was dark enough that my picture came out quite blurry. My bonfire pictures didn't turn out very well, either, but here's one.


The Kid was one of the musicians for the retreat. We had people of all ages--from toddlers to octogenarians--in attendance, but they all seemed to enjoy the music.


I love the rocking chairs on the porch of the dining hall. I spent some wonderful quiet moments there on Saturday afternoon. There is nothing like a porch rocker for relaxation!

I'm glad tomorrow is my day off. I need to rest up from my retreat!

4 comments:

Liane said...

I just LOVE that second picture of the moon! great job!

Unknown said...

beautiful pictures!

Yankee T said...

My tripod is my favorite accessory. And don't go too cheap-they don't hold up. Spend a few bucks on a good one.

jo(e) said...

I love rocking chairs.