~The Kid has been taking AP World History (referred to as 'whap') this year, along with his closest friends. Today was their AP exam. The Kid loves history, and quite out of character for him, went to every single review session for this exam. I picked him and his friends up after the exam and they all agreed it was "awesome". An awesome exam? Who are these kids?
~It was interesting listening them talk about the topics covered on the exam. World History is certainly a different class than it was back in my high school years; thankfully it is far less Eurocentric and "great person" oriented now.
~Their discussion shifted to cars about half way home--they are teen aged boys, after all. Speed and performance were of course part of the discussion, but so was impact on the environment and comparison of various hybrids with all electric cars. Gives one hope.
~I've never thought of myself as a 'cool' mama; I'm not young and hip and fashionable, nor am I all that fun. But I've learned that I've earned a modicum of coolness among the Kid's friends because I 1) have a MacBook; 2) know how to text with my cell phone; and 3) have a blog. Who knew I was so cool?
*as opposed to Mother stuff
7 comments:
My teenagers mock me for having a Mac. How is that you get coolness points for that? Sheesh.
It's nice be cool, even if you're not hip!
I think I like their definition of cool...since I meet all 3 criteria ;-). I have a podcast, which my kids (tween and teen) find socially acceptable (if not completely cool).
Oh! You have cool mom points! How exciting! I can't imagine I will ever be the cool mom, right now C's friends are apparently a bit afraid of me.
Well, I have known that you were cool since the first time I read your blog. Duh.
I have achieved cool mom status because I am the only one who is willing to host large sleep overs. Kid L has yet to attend one at someone else's house but she's been having them for a few years.
I know you're cool. But, um, it wasn't until college sometime...maybe my junior year. Love you!
You are way cool. I can tell.
Post a Comment