The last few weeks I've tottered on the edge of....what? Existential angst? Despair at the state of the world? There's been so much to despair of...the veto of the SCHIP bill and the concomitant rhetoric from the president and certain senators who are totally out of touch with the reality of real people's lives, the never-ending war and loss of life, the $600 million fortified embassy just built in Baghdad (yeah, I just heard about that one on NPR yesterday), the brouhaha in the Anglican communion. So today's RGBP Friday 5 comes at a good time for me, reminding me as it does to think about those things for which I am thankful rather than focusing on those things which cause me disquietude.
Today I am thankful for:
1. The sunlight that pours in through my kitchen window.
2. My friends, especially one who seems always to give me a call just when I need to hear a friendly voice.
3. My children who are all smart, funny, savvy individuals who make the world a better place.
4. The opportunities I've had to reinvent myself, not once but twice, and to live and work in interesting and exciting places.
5. The moments of grace that do break into my life on a regular basis even (or especially) when I'm feeling frustrated or anxious.
10 comments:
great play! I'm thankful for your thankfulnesses too!
brilliant - I LOVED this.
Miss you, Mom. Love you.
Miss the Sunlight. Good one.
Nice, RDM!
Sunlight, friends and family, and opportunties to reinvent ones self...all wonderful things to be thankful for in these rancorous times...
Very nice. Thanks. Your intro was very poignant and meaningful.
Nice. And I love your daughter.
Now that I'm leaving for work in the dark, I really miss the sunlight. When is winter solstice?
Good play, thanks
I too am grateful for the stories of your self-reinvention, since I find them a hopeful model for my own!
Post a Comment