~First time back in the pulpit in three weeks! Much better at the second service than at the first--I really need a warm-up I guess. Which is different than when I was teaching--I hated teaching two sections of the same class because the second one almost never went as well as the first.
~TOTALLY lazy Sunday afternoon. Although I had thought to go outside and fill the bird feeders and take the chairs off the porch for the winter and change the sign for church, I never made it off the couch. I read for a while, watched an episode of Castle, dozed for a while, and that was the afternoon!
~Even if you've never ever watched an episode of Dancing with the Stars, would you go on-line tomorrow night and vote for anyone EXCEPT Bristol Palin? That she is still there is a travesty. Seriously. (Ha! Even my mother thinks so, which sort of cracks me up!)
~I am so NOT ready to think about Christmas. I still have Advent planning to do. Why again did I think it was a good idea to be away the first two weeks of November?
~But I am really glad I went; it was a great experience.
~I got the sixth season of Lost on iTunes so I could watch it on the train. Which I didn't do, but I watched some last night and tonight and all I can say is wtf? I am still waiting for it to make sense.
~Loving my iPad, but I still can't make it send email correctly. I mean, it sends the message but without the content. Again, wtf?
~I completely missed my blogiversary last month--I actually thought about it but then didn't get around to blogging it--but I've been here for five whole years. FWIW.
~Maybe I'll stick around for a while long. NaBloPoMo hasn't been as hard as I'd expected, although I haven't posted much of substance.
~I was actually thinking about this yesterday: what's missing in my corner of the blogosphere is the conversations that we used to have, not here so much, but at other blogs where we seemed to gather. (Phantom, where are you? We miss you!) Some of that conversation migrated to FB, or Twitter, but since I don't tweet I miss out on that part.
~And I guess if I started tweeting, it would signal that it's time for people to move on to the next new thing, because that's the kind of trend setter I am :)
4 comments:
I miss the conversations as well. While I am on Twitter, it is not my preferred medium, I can't keep up really.
Glad your trip went well!
I love reading your blog and hearing about your day. It has plenty of substance. If you move to something with deeper content I won't have the energy to read it.
Jill
ps.s It's such a pain to comment that I often don't. It won't take my google ID. But I do read every time you post.
Oh, you're so sweet! I am still here, always reading, though almost never commenting. Yes, I am on Twitter (avoiding FB for the generic privacy issues and also because I'm at that point w/ my family issues where I'd prefer no contact at all with them). And I wished you were there a few weeks ago, when BB made her first read-through of A Wrinkle in Time! It seemed like the sort of thing you'd enjoy knowing about. (She loved it.)
i miss phantom, too! [~hi, phantom!~] but am enjoying your blog.
FB is not the same; there is a lot i do not discuss there, partly out of privacy concerns and partly because my friends come from such different parts of life. [and family angst is right off the table...]
Post a Comment