1) What was the mode of transit for your last trip?
Car--to Vermont at Christmas
2) Have you ever traveled by train?
Yes, often. Trains are my very favorite way to travel, and I take them whenever I can. The longest train trip I've taken was from NYC to Greenville SC, but I'd love to take a cross country train trip someday.
3) Do you live in a place with public transit, and if so, do you use it?
Not in my town, but there is public transit in the region. You can take the bus to nearby Ivy League City (although I'm not sure how convenient it is). And you can get the commuter rail from here to several destinations. You can take the long distance bus from two nearby towns,and you can get Amtrak from Ivy League City. So not bad at all.
I'm pleasantly surprised that the Kid can get to his college from here by public transit (bus) and from there to Beantown by bus or train, given that his college is out in the boonies. And he does travel that way frequently.
4) What's the most unusual vehicle in which you've ever traveled?
Ummmm.....not sure I've ever traveled in anything that unusual. But I have been on a submarine. Didn't get to go out to sea on it because the weather turned bad.
5) What's the next trip you're planning to take?
To NYC for the day, soon. And by train. :)

6 comments:
I LOVE train travel. When I lived in St Louis in the late 90's, I would finish my all night shift at the hospital, go hop onto the train, and sleep 3 hours until it delivered me to a depot only 2 miles from my parents' house. It was awesome.
No Amtrak service at all in South Dakota. Another reason I'm looking forward to the move to VT. Instead of having to drive to see Only Son, I can take the train to St. Louis, then the shuttle between there and the town in which he lives.
I love trains, always have. We took an overnight train when we travelled to meet CUrious Girl for the first time, too, and that's probably the most special train ride in my memory. But I've always loved trains.
The photo you have here reminded of this post of jo(e)'s:
http://writingasjoe.blogspot.com/2006/06/boat-on-water-train-on-bridge.html
I saw the photo and started jumping up and down yelling, ""TRAIN ON BRIDGE!"
::smiling at jo(e) and everyone else here ::
Heehee. I'm excited the picture created excitement!
Okay, you can't just drop the line about the submarine and not expect us to ask about the whole story! C'mon, now, spill...
Post a Comment