Wednesday, November 04, 2009

I've been thinking

about yesterday's elections and what I wrote below, and it seems to me that the outcome of the elections is perhaps less a referendum on Obama's presidency and more a reflection of the narrow-mindedness of the electorate. I mean it's one thing to elect a Republican, and it's another thing entirely to elect someone who in his master's thesis argued that women should stay home and support their husbands, and that decried "feminists, fornicators, and homosexuals." Even if that person says that no longer reflects his views--not so sure I'd trust that.

Then there are the voters in Maine who voted for bigotry. Sorry, but that's what it is. I've said it before, but civil rights (and marriage is one) should not be put to the vote.

And that's my somewhat negative opinion for the day.

1 comment:

PattiK said...

I agree whole heartedly. We should always celebrate the love between two people. Who am I to judge anyone's happiness and love?