Friday, November 06, 2009

Friday Five--What's new?


Please share five things you like *especially* when they are new.

1. Babies--they are so sweet and innocent, and well, "new." And the great thing is, they stay "new" with each new stage, each new developent. I'm loving seeing this again with my grandchildren.

2. Shoes--nothing like a brand new pair!

3. Books--especially one that is so inviting that you can't wait to sit down and devour it. New books are new universes waiting to be explored, with unsullied pages, and stiff new spines, and that new book smell. I hated buying used books as a student because they lacked all that new goodness.

4. New school supplies--clean crisp notebooks, pens and pencils sharp and ready to go. Even though I'm done with school, and even though I do most of my writing on the computer, I still love to get new pens and paper.

5. A newly made bed---not technically "new" I guess, but I love getting to bed with fresh clean sheets.

*and the book cover--I remember buying that book when I was pregnant with WW....long time ago
!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think bed linens count!