When we vacation with our friends in Maine, their British niece is usually there, and after dinner she always asks, "What's for pudding?" I don't know what she calls actual pudding, though. At any rate, here's a Friday Five all about pudding in the literal sense:1) First of all, thumbs up? or thumbs down? Do you like pudding?
I do like pudding but I have it very rarely.
2) Instant or cooked? (Does anyone make pudding from scratch?)
I fondly remember making instant pudding with a hand rotary mixer when I was a kid, and loving it. But once you eat cooked, it's hard to go back. And yes, people do still make pudding from scratch. I had dinner with some parishioners a few weeks ago and she had made-from-scratch chocolate pudding--yum!
3) If you had to choose, would you prefer corn pudding or figgy pudding?
Figgy pudding! Corn pudding always seemed overrated to me.
4) Have you ever finger painted with pudding?
No, and I don't really want to.
5) Finally, what is the matter with Mary Jane?
I have no idea; she should be HAPPY to have rice pudding, especially with raisins and cinnamon.
Bonus: Share a favorite recipe that includes pudding!
My late beloved m-i-l made all sorts of delicious cakes using pudding mix. I probably have the recipes somewhere... maybe I'll look one up later.
5 comments:
YES to the cakes, usually Bundt, containing pudding mix!!!!
No, no, the raisins are making her cry!!
Bread pudding from Rita's in New Orleans. You could die.
In the UK (definitely in Scotland but I think the rest as well) pudding means dessert so anything sweet after the main meal: ice cream, cake, actual pudding of some sort, fruit...
Hi Rev. Dr. Mom...just stopping by to say I plan on visiting an Episcopal church sometime this month...wish I could hear YOU preach. It just occurred to me how many Rev Gals are Anglicans.
:-)
Post a Comment