~Five things I need to accomplish before Christmas (only five? Are you kidding me? How about 15 or 25 or 50?)1. Wrap up all the service details for Christmas Eve--that's long list in itself since I am in charge of the Christmas pageant which happens at 4:00 pm that day. Plus all the bulletins still need to be proof read, and prayers of the people written.
2. Write a sermon for Christmas Day. The past couple of years I've been finishing that sermon in the wee hours of Christmas morning after wrapping presents and stuffing stockings after the midnight service, but I'd like not to have to do that this year.
3. Buy a tree and decorate it. Time is getting short for that one.
4. Wrap presents. Ditto. Finish buying presensts (I think I am mostly done...but I need to make a list and check it twice...)
5. Try to get myself organized enough that on Christmas Day we can have the car packed and ready to leave as soon as I finish with church.
Most of all, I wish I could just feel like it was Christmas--in a good way, rather than just thinking of all the stuff I have to do.
2 comments:
Me, too. Hope it feels that way before it's all preached and done.
I'm sooooo with you on your last comment! Hope that the switch flips for you real soon... and you can enjoy the holidays... for all the right reasons. Peace.
Post a Comment