1. Which Harry Potter book is your favorite and why?
I can't choose one as a favorite; I really like them all. The first time I read Order of the Phoenix, I thought Harry was way too whiny, but I didn't think that the next time I read it, so I'm not sure that I have a least favorite, either.
2. Which character do you most resemble? Which character would you most like to get to know?
I think I most resemble Hermione or McGonagall. I would really like to get to know Dumbledore.
3. How careful are you about spoilers?
a) bring 'em on--even if I know the destination, the journey's still good
b) eh, I'd rather not know what happens, but I'm not going to commit Avada Kedavra if someone makes a slip
c) I will sequester myself in a geodesic dome to avoid finding anything out.
I may sneak a peek at the end--I've been known to do it before--but I don't want anyone else to tell me.
4. Make one prediction/share one hope about book 7.
I hope that neither Harry, Ron, Hermione, nor Ginny dies. I hope there is a happy ending.
5. Rowling has said she's not planning any prequels or sequels, but are there characters or storylines (past or future) that you would like to see pursued?
I'd like to know more about the prehistory--what was Hogwarts like when Dumbledore and McGonagall were students? And I'd like to know what happens after.....do Ron and Hermione end up together? Harry and Ginny? Who goes back to teach at Hogwarts? What happens to Lupin and Tonks?
Truth be told, whenever I read a book or series in which I really feel engaged with the characters, I want "more" and that's definitely true in this case.
6 comments:
Good play. I too want a happy ending.
I am just in the middle of the HP series so didn't play that F5. But enjoying all your comments. I agree with knowing the history about Hogwarts etc. would make for some great reading.
Donald Eddings wrote a set of 5 trilogies that were so engaging and two of his, towards the end of the series, went back in time
Have you seen this blog: http://rebelwithoutapew.blogspot.com/
It has a cute Ministry Sorting Hat Post that, as a Harry Potter fan like me, you might enjoy.
I agree. A happy ending, please.
I'm with you all there.
Yeah, but I am not sure it's going to end up that way since the books have been getting more and more serious. It was bad enough losing Dumbledor. I will wait until the book arrives in the local market and then plow through it. Meanwhile, those of you who have read it, don't spoil the ending! :)
Post a Comment