coming from the Weather Channel icon on my desktop is not a good omen, and it just rumbled again. Each rumble indicates an update in the "severe weather" watch in effect; this week of course that is for rain and flooding. So the good news (NOT!) is that heavy rain is expected late this afternoon and evening with the potential for more flooding. And the weather system producing that rain apparenlty will be centered right over my neck of the woods.
And the 10-day forecast? The sun is expected to come out on three of those 10 days, and the temperature will get above 70 four times. Hello....it's June!
Lest you think I am a weather wuss, I lived in northern Vermont for 8 years, and June was never this cold. I can handle blizzards--bring em' on! I can deal with late spring. Chilly falls are fine. I love it when it is cool at night. But this is JUNE! School will be out in a week. People are coming to the beach. Temps in the 70s with some sun is all I ask. Sheesh.
And LD#2 will be married in two weeks--outdoors. Could we please have some nice weather in New England by then?
Yes, I'm feeling a bit curmudgeonly today. It's been one of those weeks.
6 comments:
It looks like you're getting hammered right now. I hope you are all OK out there!
So sorry about the bad weather. I sympathize with your anxiety about LD's upcoming outdoor wedding. When my daughter set her wedding date in early September, my first thought was: Oh dear, that's high hurricane season.
Surely all will be dry and sunny in two weeks!
Cold and rainy here too.
Sigh.
Oh man, prayers for nice weather for the wedding. Ihave done funerals in the rain, but not one wedding yet. I said yet. So prayers. You all can come down South to the dry humid weather we are having.
You Americans amaze me. You plan for outdoor weddings. European weather is impossible to do that, though I have attended two here and both successfully.
Prayers for the weather :)
But bad weather for the wedding is a good sign, right? Do they only say that because otherwise people would freak even more?
Hope the weather is good by wedding-time.
Post a Comment