Well, here I am....first blog post, and who knows if anyone will actually read it. I've been reading blogs for months now.....religious blogs, academic blogs, parenting blogs. And leaving comments. I finally signed up for Blogger because I wanted to leave a comment on a blog that didn't allow anonymous comments. And a few other bloggers have suggested to me that I should be blogging myself.
So who am I? Currently a transitional deacon in the Episcopal Church, to be ordained to the priesthood in January. Assistant rector at a medium sized New England parish. Mother of four--three grown (all college graduates and self-supporting) and an almost 14yo son who just started high school. Single. Recent graduate of urban seminary in Great City. Southerner by birth and raising, but would probably not go back there now. Liberal/progressive politically and theologically. Late bloomer (started college at age 30) and former college prof at small Catholic liberal arts school in New England.
Things I love: Chocolate, good books, dogs and cats, walking in the city, coffee shops, bookstores, good preaching, good liturgy, my kids, friends, trees, brisk fall days, snowstorms.
Things I detest: The current political climate in the US, mushrooms, malls, having to drive everywhere, war.
Enough for now.
8 comments:
Welcome! Are in a member of the RevGalsBlogPals ring yet? If not, you should consider joining - a great group of people, very supportive of each other, and a safe place to share issues.
I lived in New England for almost 20 years and miss it - I'm now in Your Nation's Capital - and hope that one of these days I'll be a bit further north, since I've got stepsons and grandbabies up there. Missing the maples in autumn and the birches in winter (sigh).
I think we've got a lot in common!
I am looking forward to reading your blog.
Welcome!
Welcome, Rev. Dr. Mom! I'm so happy to see that you've got your own webpage!
Welcome Rev Dr Mom!! I look forward to reading more on your blog.
I love chocolate too
should we have a chocoholics web ring too :) nah - that' would be tooooo much
welcome! What was your academic field? just curious.
Mary Beth, my field was developmental psychology, particularly cognitive development.
Saw your comment and Cecily's and was intrigued by your screen name. One of the blogs I read regularly is Father Rob Merola (daddyroblogs.typepd.com), who is also an Episcopal priest. I know this is an old post, but welcome to blogging. I will be reading more.
Post a Comment